Friday, October 10, 2014

"THE NATURALS"
SKIN CARE 101 



(from left to right: Organic extra virgin coconut oil, Lush's Mask of Magnaminty, Josie Maran Argon oil, 100% pure tea tree oil, TN. Dickinson's Witch Hazel toner, African black soap (pink box))

For YEARS I bought over the counter products from the pharmacy to high end skin care products to help keep my skin clear and free from acne. After trying hundreds of products, hoping that they would help clear up my skin, I found that over the counter skin care products were filled with harsh chemicals that are very hard on your skin and will make your skin worse. 

I decided to do some research, reading articles, reviews and so on, I found that all natural products were really my last resort. I never once thought about going down the all natural path but, I figured I would give it a shot (I had nothing to lose). Let me tell you that it has CHANGED MY LIFE AND SKIN FOR THE BETTER. I will never purchase over the counter products ever again. My skin has never looked so healthy and I couldn't be happier :)

Here's a list of products that I use and why:

1. Organic extra virgin coconut oil:  $15 (Remove makeup)
- to remove eye makeup
- lighten age spots
- helps skin heal faster
- anti-aging 
- helps fight acne

2. Lush's Mask of Magnaminty: $25 (Weekly mask)
- natural exfoliating properties 
- cleans out pores
- calms acne
- leaves skin silky smooth 

3. Josie Maran's Argan oil: $16 (Moisturizer)
- everyday moisturizer 
- dewy glow
- improves elasticity and hydration in skin
- improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles

4. 100% Pure Tea Tree Oil:  $10 (Spot treatment)
- clears up acne
- mix one part tea tree oil with 3 parts tea tree oil 

5. TN. Dickinson's Witch Hazel: $3.99 (Toner)
- treats acne
- reduces puffy eyes
- reduces redness
- helps with inflammation

6. African Black Soap: $3 (Face wash/cleanser)
- clears up acne
- heals skin
- leaves skin soft and refreshed 

* I purchased most of these products at Whole Foods, Target, Sephora and Costco

No comments:

Post a Comment